"I know a lot about cars, man! I can look at any car's headlights and tell you exactly which way its coming!" - Mitch Hedburg
My topic is about restoring my 1981 Pontiac Trans Am Firebird. It was given to me by my mother's fiancé Daniel. The car runs and all, but it just needs a lot of love and work done to it. In the future after the car is done, I am hoping that it will turn out swell. This project is important to me because this car is a classic and it gives me an option to learn more about old cars. Also it gives me an option to actually work on one and make it something to talk about. I already know what to do to the car so during me research on the internet i am going to have to find parts and their prices.
What i need to understand about this topic is the tuning of the car. For example I need to know how to tune the carburetor and I need to know the electrical. Another thing i have to research is prices of the parts and where and how to get a hold of them. Other then that i am pretty confident of what is going on with this project.
Some books that I need will be about tuning an Edelbrock carburetor manuel, a book all about firebirds and trans ams, and an oldsmobile book for the engine. I know i could go to any auto store like Pep-boys, Auto-zone, O'riely and any hot-rod shop in town to find what i need. Or i could even use google on the internet. Who I will probably interview is this guy named Bill. I found him on Craigslist and he restores Firebirds and Trans ams and other old cars. He gave me one of his business cards so he seems legit.
What i am going to show during the blog after the research is what i need to get, how to get them and who I got them from. I will also tell you the exact product I will put in the car. This project is so viable because i already know what needs to be done and i have two helpers to guide me through it. I have my uncle and Daniel, so I know this will successful.
No comments:
Post a Comment